Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Juicing in the New Year

I spent New Year's Eve with my family playing games and laughing until my cheeks and stomach hurt. Laughing is my favorite. Seriously.

I borrowed my sister's juicer about a week ago. Since then, I've traveled to Costco, bought some large quantitates of fruits and veggies and then was scared of the juicer.

It has so many parts to it, but my husband was able to figure it all out and patiently teach me how to use it.

My first juice consisted of two red apples, two carrots, and two handfuls of spinach. It wasn't bad. But it was warm. If you don't know this about me already, I have temperature issues. Even as a kid I can remember not wanting to eat my string cheese if was even slightly warmer than fridge temp.

So I put ice in my juice. SOOOoooo much better!
But I think I put too much ice. So next time I only put two cubes in. Tasted perfect!

This was my breakfast for the day. And within an hour or so, I was hungry. So I ate like I normally did. I don't want to rush into anything. I'm not good with sudden change, so I'm planning on easing my way into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment