Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ever see a rabbit wearing glasses?


A few weeks ago, I called the doctor's office to make an appointment to have my eyes checked. It's been YEARS (like four or five) since I got new glasses....and for several reasons:

1. I'm frugal, so to fork over hundreds of dollars when I don't have any extra lying around the house, is a HUGE step.
2. I never feel like I have the time to go to the doctor.
3. My insurance doesn't cover glasses (thanks to my employer).
4. My last experience was horrific. I do NOT recommend Lenscrafters. I drove an hour to get there, waited 45 minutes to talk to someone, spent $700 on glasses and a pair of sunglasses, and an eye exam, only to have to go back the next day because they got my lenses on the wrong side, had my glasses fall off my face when I looked down and therefore had to return again, had the wire holding my lenses in place snap against my face popping out the lens, called another Lenscrafters to ask if I could bring them in and they told me I had to go to the original place of purchase (not true by the way), went in anyway and had them fix it within five minutes. WHEW! Glad to have vented.

So imagine my excitement when I see a message from Groupon saying that for a mere $20, I can get $150 off of a pair of glasses plus a FREE pair of glasses from Site for Sore Eyes. I immediately bought it.

When I went to my doctor for the exam, he asked about my current glasses and my old contact prescription (again, not covered) and proceeded to have me read the letters blah blah blah. After all was said and done, he wrote the prescription and then told me that my prescription had changed. I kinda figured. That's why I was there. Things were getting blurry again, and driving at night is a little scary.

"No, actually, your eyesight has improved."

Huh? Hold the phone. Every time I go to the doctor, I get a stronger prescription. "Wait, my eyesight has improved?"

"Yeah," he chuckled. "Must be eating all your carrots!"

"Well...actually. I've been drinking them," I retorted.

"Keep doing it then. And don't read with your glasses on."

"Umm...I'll try and remember that one."

No comments:

Post a Comment