Saturday, January 19, 2013

Juicing Update

I haven't posted on this blog for a while. And for a few reasons. Not necessarily good ones, but reasons nonetheless.

A little bit of guilt mixed in with a little bit of stress, and a lot of "I don't feel like doing anythings".

I've been off the juice for about a week now. I've thought about juicing. I've wanted to juice. But something takes over my brain. Not sure what is going on here. When I analyze it, I'm thinking the longer I'm away from juicing, the harder it is to get back into it. I FULLY plan on juicing tomorrow morning. Freals.

So almost two weeks ago was our first day back from our winter break. I juiced the second day back and made a huge amount so I could take some to work with me. It went quite well. I even mentioned to my inquisitive students that there were fruits and vegetables in my juice. They didn't seem too weirded out by it. Hopefully when I bring the juicer to school in a few months, they will all want to try it.

After my Jack in the Box incident, it seems like juicing hasn't been as important. I've been consumed with work. I am always worried that I'll be unprepared and top brass will walk in and I'll look like a fool. Our superintendent came to my class and was actually quite impressed. Either stressing pays off, or I really don't have anything to worry about. Either way, it made me feel good knowing I'm doing something right.

The other thing is...I'm having withdrawals from the iPad. I no longer have access to an iPad at home. I used to use it almost nightly for drawing and relaxing, or drawing to post pictures on my blogs and TPT store. And so I'm having to think of more creative ways to make things to sell in my store. My ultimate goal is to purchase an iPad using only the money earned from selling items in my store. As frustrating as it is not having the iPad, it's slightly refreshing to not have the "addiction" sitting in front of me daily.

Back to juicing. I plan on juicing tomorrow and giving some to my son. I'll need to restock on my supplies soon since I haven't bought any in over a week. I still have a whole bag of carrots and about 7 or 8 apples, some pineapple, but I'm out of spinach, kale, and beets (my favorite!). I may throw some blueberries in there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment