Saturday, January 5, 2013

No Juice "Experiment"

So today I haven't had a single drop of juice. This morning, so as not to wake my husband, I opted to eat leftover chicken, brussel sprouts, and rice. I felt tired within a half hour. Hmmm....maybe all those carbs aren't a good idea after all? Especially since it was white rice?

Knowing that I had to go to my classroom today, I packed a snack of a pear, two Cuties, and two small bell peppers. I ate one pepper and a cutie during my five hour stay at work. Yeah, five hours. And I don't feel like I got hardly anything done!!! I think classrooms are a time warp. When alone, the time flies by unnoticed. When kids are around, the minutes drag on for hours.

When I got home, I cooked a semi-healthy dinner of chicken apple sausages, and a spinach and strawberry salad with almonds and goat cheese topped with raspberry pomegranate vinaigrette. As an appetizer, we had carrots, bell peppers, and tomatoes with ranch dressing. It was quite tasty. But a little while later, I was craving juice! Since we had company over, I wasn't about to start juicing. Now here it is ten at night and I'm still craving juice! But my son is asleep.

I think overall it was a good experiment to see how my body would react to not having juice. Tomorrow though, I'll be juicing away!

No comments:

Post a Comment