Sunday, July 28, 2013

Fruitspirado

My son eats fruit like it's going out of style. Last night I bought a bunch more fruit to refill his fruit needs. And then I realized why he was going through so much fruit. It was me! I was eating about the same amount as he was! And then I realized why.

We usually keep fresh fruit (apples, oranges, nectarines) in a big bowl on a shelf on a small wall between our kitchen and our living room. But it's also in sort of a corner. I think it was "out of sight, out of mind" and I wouldn't touch the bowl as often.

Last week, I was trying to conserve even more space (and save fruit from going bad too quickly), so I put the bowl in the refrigerator. Every time I opened that door, the fruit was staring me in the face. I threw in some lemon cucumbers too. Guess what? That bowl was empty in just a few short days.

Sounds simple. Why didn't I think of this sooner?
Please don't look at the frosting jar hiding behind the yogurt (We made cupcakes the other day and this is the extra frosting.)!

No comments:

Post a Comment